The senior year program continues the leadership training that began in 10th/11th grade years with the Outdoor Recreation and Leadership course at PSSC. This course teaches advanced skills, providing opportunities to innovatively apply learning and demonstrate skills in the community and outdoor settings.
Quarters 1 and 4: full day Outdoor Recreation and Leadership (allows for trips and field experiences)
Quarters 2 and 3: senior seminar at WELS, internships, VITAL program, Running Start, or PSSC courses (we create an individualized plan to meet your needs)
- Cabin leader at Waskowitz Outdoor School for at least one week in each semester.
- Plan and facilitate a field day for VITAL students
- Conservation service work at Seahurst Park
- A week-long Spring Backpacking Trip
- A week-long trip to Sucia Island in partnership with graduate students from the Huxley School of the Environment at WWU.
- Plan and facilitate an overnight trip for VITAL students at Waskowitz Outdoor School.
- Potential internship opportunities throughout the year